WORLD SOIL DAY GROW EVENTS ACROSS EUROPE 1- 8 December 2018 #GROWSOILHEALTH

GROW Events(Last edited )

World Soil Day (WSD) is a global awareness raising platform held each year on 5 December (with activities taking place from 1 – 15 December); to focus attention on the importance of healthy soil and advocating for the sustainable management of soil resources.

In a changing climate, Soil Health matters! GROW’s focus for World Soil Day 2018 will be on the importance of healthy soil and advocating for the sustainable management of soil resources.

Here’s an overview of what’s taking place across GROW for World Soil Day 2018:

1 December 13:00 – 17:00 (GMT) #GROWSoilHealth – GROW Place Ireland: Donegal participates in World Soil Day

13:00 – 17:00 (GMT) #GROWSoilHealth – GROW Place Ireland: Soil & Citizen Engagement in a Changing Environment

18:00 – 20:00 (EET) #GROWSoilHealth – GROW Place Greece: Παγκόσμια Ημέρα Εδάφους: Η Αλεξανδρούπολη συμμετέχει!

2 December 11:00 – 13:00 (EET) #GROWSoilHealth – GROW Place Greece: Παγκόσμια Ημέρα Εδάφους: Η Αλεξανδρούπολη συμμετέχει!

5 December Launch: By the Code of Soil – an online networked digital artwork developed by Kasia Molga and Scanner, working with the GROW Observatory. Find out more on the Code of Soil website

16.00 – 17.00 (CET): GROW Observatory Webinar: “Citizen Science: From Data to Action”
Join this Webinar to discover how citizen-generated data on soils, food and a changing climate can create positive change in the world.

18:30 - 20:30 (GMT) #GROWSoilHealth - GROW Place Scotland:Seeding the Change filmshow, Coupar Angus, nr Dundee.

19:00 – 22:00 (CET): #GROWSoilHealth – GROW Place Luxembourg: Le Sol Vivant

8 December 19:00 – 00:00 (GMT): #GROWSoilHealth – SpeakEATsy: Soil & Climate Action, Cloughjordan Ireland

Follow GROW on social media Facebook,twitter

#GROWSoilHealth #StopSoilPollution #ChangingClimate

2 comments

Hello Amanda .

That’s a good idea , our soil is very important . Looking forward to join in the webinar .

I am just a bit confused , before I’ve seen that the webinar is from 15-16 .

Even on Instagram , today I’ve seen that .

So what time is it :) . Thank you .

Best wishes .

Ionuț . B