GROW is looking into creating an online service that would help growers answer a number of questions about the water content of their soil, specific to their local area. Below are the questions you could get answers to.
- During which months will there be a shortage or excess of water in my soil?
- How much extra water would I need to cover the water requirements of the plants?
- Is it possible to grow a specific vegetable without irrigation?
- When is the best part of the year to plant and grow a specific vegetable?
- Does the water requirement pattern change with different years?
We are interested to know if you currently feel a need to know the answers to these questions. Perhaps you already have a way to answer them. Let us know your thoughts.